2012/01/31

A personal culinary adventure: Home made lunch in a Hungarian home


This post is about a unique program we gladly organize for everyone who is interested in a very personal travel experience. This is the home made lunch in a Hungarian home.

To my surprise it is one of the most beloved programs in our tour selection.

Mostly I take my guests to my parent’s home. And I just watch how much my guests like my parents. The athmosphere and the greeting is more important to our guests than the food itself. Although food is very-very good in my mother’s house…Real home made food. I think this is what made me this tall:)
My mother is a hero. She has a job, she runs a store. And besides doing that she finds time to stay at home and to cook for my guests. Together with my father they give travelers pure culinary experience and await them with a warm ambiance. All this under restaurant prices…
It is so interesting to witness how much tourists desire and appreciate personal experiences, meetings with locals and a good word. They say they get more from these things than from seeing the main attractions of the city. 



Home made lunch in Budapest

"The highlight of our day (actually our trip) was stopping at the home of Andras' parents for a traditional Hungarian lunch. Again, this was no ordinary tourist stop. Andras' parents graciously invited us into their home (on New Year's Eve, no less) with a warm greeting to go along with a few glasses of palinka. Think of it as a Hungarian grappa....burns going down but warms you all over! After this, we settled in for our lunch. My wife and I loved the restaurants in Budapest, but this was BY FAR the best meal we had during our stay, made all the more pleasurable by the warmth and kindness of Andras and his parents. We were told that it is different each time, so the only thing you need to know is that it was all delicious!
”Dennis Potter, New York”



Video:


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése